With everyone so busy in their lives, whether it’s running around for class, work or errands, sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves in this madness.
One of the common mistakes is Dehydration – our body is roughly made up of 60% water and without the water, dehydration affects the performance of majority of our body functions.
Why Drink Water?
- Increases Energy & improves productivity – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. Water can significantly improve our ability to think and make us energetic too.
- Boosts Immune System – Drinking plenty of water helps fight against the flu, cancer, heart attacks, strokes and kidney stones. Water plays a fundamental role in strengthening your immune system
- Promotes Weight Loss – Why most diets programs ask you to drink a lot of water? One of the benefits of drinking water is that it helps you lose weight. Reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy with a glass of water before to meals), reduces hunger, Drinking water also helps your body burn stored fat. Drinking water flushes toxins from your body and prevents constipation.
- Improves Skin Complexion – Our skin is the largest organ in our body. Water naturally plumps skin, fills in fine lines, and boosts a lackluster complexion. Regular and plentiful water consumption can moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles.
- Prevent headaches – Sometimes headaches can be caused by dehydration, so drinking water can prevent or alleviate that nasty head pain. Next time your head hurts, try drinking water.
- Strong muscles – Water carries oxygen to the cells of your body, including your muscles. Drinking plenty of water enables your muscles to work harder and longer before they feel tired, and this can helps build muscle.
Drink up, Buttercup!