As this is my 1st food post, and im a big time sucker for chicken wings. I wanted to share a basic and easy oven roasted chicken wings recipe that anyone can make at home. Easy & healthy.
- 1 kg ( 2 lbs) Chicken Wings, drumettes and flats separated & tips removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F ( 220 C)
- Line the baking sheet with foil & grease it well.
- OPTIONAL: I soaked the chicken wings in Salt and vinegar water.
- Drain the Chicken and place it into a bowl.
- Add Oil, Salt and Black pepper and toss everything together.
- Spread out the chicken wings on to the baking tray in a single layer
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, flip the chicken 20 minutes into cooking.
If you have time, try and soak the chicken wings in a bowl of salt and vinegar water.
It makes the meat moist & tender. 30mins to couple of hours is fine
For quick cleaning, line a baking tray with foil and grease (oil) it.
20 minutes into cooking, do turn them over once
After they are done cooking, you can eat em as is or toss them in a sauce.
I tossed these wings in a Ginger-Honey Glaze sauce.
Ginger Honey Glaze:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a small sauce pan bring all the ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat, stir occasionally and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Once the liquid is reduced, turn off the gas and let it sit for 10-15 minutes to thicken
- Toss the wings with the sauce and serve.
FYI: The photos were taken with my Samsung tablet